The highs & lows of being a mommy-2-be while learning to manage diabetes.
"For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

Powered by His Grace. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Letters for Baby

Letters: I've started writing to our baby, honestly I think I've only written 1 letter but I do desire to do more. Having such a hard pregnancy so far, I have wanted to do something special so that my heart would be excited & not over burdened by the trials surrounding this blessing. I was thinking the other night about what I would do with these letters to Baby & I think I will present them to him/her on their 18th Birthday. I want our child to know all of the plans & prayers we had for them their entire life. I want our child to know they were loved so much even before we met them. And I want our child to know how blessed we are knowing the Lord answered our prayers

So all of this thinking got me wondering really what do I desire for our child? And there are a few that I have. I really desire for our child to be madly in love with the Lord. I want this baby to grow up knowing and serving Jesus Christ all the days of their life. I desire for our baby to desire the things of the Lord & want to live a life in reverence of Jesus. I desire for our child to have a love of reading & books & love learning. I desire for our child to be open to trying new things & taking chances. Most of all I desire a child who loves to worship our Lord. These are what is most important to me & I can only pray and instill the values that would ignite these passions in my child. Sure I want my child to have their own mind & choose their own paths in life but I also believe it is important to instill those moral values that we as parents treasure as well as shield them from those things that would bring them harm. Most importantly I want my child to know that what ever path they choose or choices they make that I will always always love and accept them. This is something I learned from my Grandmother, this is the love she demonstrated to me & it was a picture of unconditional love. I can only hope and pray that I can be as great as a mother as my own mom & grandmother, I can only choose to exhibit those qualities I admired from both and deny the qualities that I disliked. I am more than thankful to have had such beautiful examples of amazing motherhood in my life.

Yes, it is hard being a diabetic mommy-2-be but sometimes you have to look over the trial or through it & see the end result. True not all trials have a definite end or set time but this one so happens to have one. Having a baby is not the trial but having a baby while being a diabetic sure is. I know that our baby is in the hands of the Lord & I don't think I would have been able to come as far as I have without the prayers, support & love from my husband, mom & friends & of course without the secure promises from my Lord.

I encourage you mommies, find something to prepare for your baby something the helps you look over this trial, something that helps you see the ending. Be encouraged & be blessed <3 


"The Lord's promises are pure, 
like silver refined in a furnace, 
purified seven times over." 
Psalms 12:6







<3 Angelia 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment